Church Pianist Wanted - PAID position.
Our church's musical ministry has long been valued and supported by the congregation and participates in our local arts community. The church has two Sunday services, 9:00am and 10:45am.
This position is for participation the 9:00am service on Sunday, with Choir rehearsals on Wednesday evening at 6:15pm.
- High level of proficiency in piano.
- Primary performance instrument is a six-foot Grand piano (Organ competency not required)
- Sight reading and ability to follow direction from Choral Director and Worship Pastor.
- Comfortable with eclectic mix of musical styles and genres (i.e. Classical, Traditional Christian Hymns, Gospel/Jazz, and Contemporary Worship)
- Ability to accompany singing groups or soloists, and participate with musical ensembles/orchestra etc.
- Accompany the choir during worship service performance and rehearsals.
- Accompany congregational singing during worship in the 9:00 Service on Sundays.
- Occasional additional duties/services may arise (funerals/weddings), which will be negotiated in advance of each occurrence.
- Participate as team member of Worship and Music Staff.
- Approach the position from the perspective of a worship leader, rather than a performer, and keep in mind the ministerial nature of the position.
- Weekly Sunday Pre-service rehearsal with worship team at 8:00am, followed by Choir warm up at 8:45am.
- Work in conjunction with the Pastor of Worship Arts in all of the above, discussing regularly any calendar issues.
This is an hourly (non-exempt) position. Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience and education and piano abilities.
Inquire by Telephone to Pastor, (Worship Arts Pastor). Do not text me.
Disclaimer: Casting360 is not a talent agency, employer or a talent scout; the site is only a venue. Casting360 does not promise or facilitate employment. The number of casting calls available varies by location, roles available and the level of experience required. As with any business, results may vary, and will be based on individual capacity, experience, expertise, and level of desire. There are no guarantees concerning the level of income the user may experience.