Short Film "Respect" In Need Of Cast
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male and Female
Ethnicity: African-American, Latino / Hispanic, Multiracial
We're continuing our search for the right cast for a UCF student film, with 6 parts that need to be filled.
SYNOPSIS: In this family drama with a gangland twist, fiercely protective George endures interrogation/torture to hide his brother Jesse from the wrath of their crimelord boss, who's after Jesse for a personal reason.
- GEORGE, male, mid-to-late 20s - stubborn and deeply protective of his little brother Jesse; in this piece, keeping his brother safe results in a lot of injury, danger, and surrender of his standing in this criminal organization, but so be it.
- JESSE, male, early-to-mid 20s - George's smart but impulsive younger brother, who finds himself in a dangerous romantic relationship with the boss' son.
- DAMIEN, male, mid-40s-to-early-50s - George and Jesse's boss, cool and collected as he's hateful and volatile.
- MIGUEL, male, early-to-mid-20s - Damien's son/getaway driver, a sharp guy but unwise to fall into a relationship with Jesse.
- MINNIE, female, late-20s-to-30s, smaller build - the more sadistic of the two henchmen sent to torture George.
- BUCK, male, late-20s-to-30s; muscular build - the more animalistic of the two henchmen sent to torture George.
We're on the lookout for fitting candidates for George and Jesse in particular. Those two leads are open to either African-American OR Latino/Hispanic actors, but we're eyeing Latino/Latina/Hispanic actors for the other roles.
Payment will be in the form of food on set, witty repartee, and movie magic.
Auditions will likely be held on Thursday, September 22, if not that day, within that weekend. There may be a second audition day depending on how many actors we can see initially.
If you're interested in any of these parts, please email your headshot/resume/reel.