If you want to be taken serious in the entertainment industry and book a job, you must not confuse this site with Facebook. Here are some do's and don'ts:
Commentary for talent: To be successful in this field, you must be professional. Casting 360 is what you make it. It will work, if you work it. Acting is a professional craft like any other job that requires education, professionalism and preparation. You will be asked to submit a bio and it will be checked for education, experience, skills as with any other job. If you are not competitive with A list actors like Kate Winslet, Kerry Washington, Johnny Depp or Mark Wahlberg that's fine but, don't shoot for that level unless you can handle that level. This is entertainment BUSINESS and art is the willingness to be a one stop artist. Producer's want actor's and actresses that can do it all. From family friendly to nudity. That way you don't have to cast new people repeatedly. With an actor that can do it all, you can call them for any project and they are an agents dream. The bases for the entertainment business are and have been for decades, Los Angeles, New York and the new kid is Atlanta. If you are in Iowa, Tennessee or Nebraska, don't expect fame to come knocking. You have to be willing and prepared to travel. Here are some tips to help you succeed:
1. Educate yourself. Study Stanislavsky and Meisner methods. Learn professional terms such as "Sides", "CCM"
2. Create a travel budget for auditions. Be prepared to travel to Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta. Other emerging locations are Washington, D.C., Austin, Texas and Canada.
3. Watch and/or study films other than "Madea" or "Twilight". Don't be afraid of the classics or films like "The Reader", "Silver linings playbook" or "Eye's Wide Shut". If you don't take this serious, you will be viewed as a vanity wannabee actor that just wants attention because they were told how attractive they were or think it's easy money.
4. Casting 360 is not Facebook. If you want to work, don't write Facebook style comments here. We watch what you write and say to gauge what level you are on.
5. Be available. Why post if no one can reach you?
6. You don't have to have a degree to be an actor but, most of the best actor's do.
Books: The Power of the Actor [Ivana Chubbuck]
If you are interested in working on a casting call posted, be sure to contact the poster at the listed web address, email etc. Simply putting "I'm interested" will NOT get you in on the casting. There are 1000's of new talent wanting to be hired or "found". You have to stand out and strive to make it! Do the contacting, make the calls, send the emails! Don't sit back and simply make a profile, and think you will be discovered. Oh no! If it was that easy, we'd all be stars and not need ANY help from anyone! Jobs can be found... they won't simply be handed to you. I wrote this to HELP new talent not pushing to be seen, so they will see that achievement can be made, but you HAVE to get the ball rolling yourself!
US Mailing address Casting Dynamics, 182 Howard Street #412, San Francisco, CA 94105
UK Mailing address Casting Dynamics, Ltd. ,14 Windmill Cl, Staining, FY3 0EB
© 2018 Casting360.com
Casting Dynamics, LLC \ Casting Dynamics, Ltd..